Monday, September 5, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



I absoutely adore this song. It's been on my playlist since it was released because it is such a jam & really good for work-outs. I love this lyric video even more because Tomas Lemarquis is magnificent. The lyrics cover a wide range of emotions, some of which are quite dark & he absolutely nails it. He's vulnerable, he's scary, he's bouncing along like the rest of us to the beat. If you haven't given the album a listen I strongly recommend you do because it's great. Of Monsters And Men are an Indie-Folk band from Iceland.



You may have heard of an annoying infectious song 'Call Me Maybe'. I hated it, preferring 'Tonight I'm getting Over You' but a lot of people really liked it. Since its release, Carly's gone somewhat under the radar which is surprising considering she has quite the tunes in her discography. 'Boy Problems' here is undoubtedly one of them. Both the song and the music video wreak of 80's and it's wonderful, as the song is so chill. The lyrics are a little basic for my taste, but that shouldn't take away from how excellent the song is overall. Carly Rae Jepsen is a Canadian Singer/Songwriter/Actor and if you haven't given the album a play, you're missing out on a treat.



Here we have another fantastic song which should be familiar to you, since The Ellipsis are a band we play on CONTROLRadioUK & 'Cold Cactus' is currently sitting pretty in our chart. I'm not a massive fan of concert/behind the scene music videos, but I'll make an exception here. This song's on point lyrically & musically with a wonderful guitar & drum beat that runs throughout. The Ellipsis are an English band you might not have heard of, but that doesn't make them or this song any less awesome.



Another week, another Tegan and Sara song. Basically finally giving them a listen after years of only ever hearing about them is one of my wisest music related choices this year & I must pass this on. Oh and this video has a wonderful dance routine, along with being in the forest which gets a plus for scenery. Oh and the songs fantastic both musically & lyrically. Have I mentioned yet that you should give them a listen?!



To end this week a song I'm not overly crazy about, but was outvoted on so here we are. I'm probably being a little harsh on this song since there isn't much wrong with it; got a nice beat and you can dance along to it. For me though, it doesn't go anywhere, I don't really like the mix-up of genre's and I've heard better. I guess after a summer of EDM and so-called club hits I am a little jaded. Others here at CONTROLRadioUK though think it's lovely, dancing along to that great beat & getting lost in the music. Zedd is a Record Producer/DJ/Producer from Germany you probably have heard of. Now, let me go back off to my cave and see the rest of the week out jamming to 90's music & ranting about what the kids are up to these days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment