Monday, November 20, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



You're probably tired of me saying this by now, but I love Bishop Briggs. Her music is like a breath of fresh air. Musicians who mix different genres of music together are also something that I love (I know! I hide it well) mixing genres together just makes the song a little less predictable, and more pleasing to listen to. Here we have a really great video, accompanied by the aforementioned great music, and a song that is equally as strong lyrically. It's extremely emotional & perfectly matched by Bishop Brigg's acting in the video. That's right! You can have a video that doesn't really have a story have a story in the actions taking place on screen and the emotion being carried through by the singer. Still just as powerful. Still has you constantly pressing replay because you don't want the song to end.



I talked about this song a little bit in my review of the EP which will be live later today, but this really is my favorite song on the album. It's such a chilled out song and I absolutely adore the chorus. Sometimes the big power numbers which take the roof off the building work, especially when they're so well produced. But so do the softer ones that let the lyrics shine front and centre, which is exactly what this song does. Given music right now is dominated my stupid house tropical beats I was bored of after the first go, it's great to see an Artist doing something different & the 80's pop classic vibe really suits them. It's been likened to Carly Rae Jepsen's album 'E*MO*TION', but the EP reminds me more of Allie X. Either way, I hope Aly & AJ are here to stay and a full length album comes at some point in the future.



Is this here as an excuse to talk about the album? Partly but it's also because I'm really excited about new music from Tove Lo. Strange I know, considering 'Lady Wood' only came out last year. But Tove Lo is one of those musicians who I always need more from. She's incapable of making a bad song, each one has something unique to it, and her music videos are really fun. As for 'Cycles', it's again a song many can emphasize with though you probably wouldn't admit it. Musically this is one of the songs on the album that doesn't exactly grab me. But I could still listen to this on repeat all day without getting bored.



I came across this song very much by accident as I wanted a fun dance number amongst all the balladesque songs this week, and oh my. This video is trippy as hell, but damn if I haven't had this song on repeat. As I say it is a really fun dance number, and not riddled by stupid tropical beats (No I'm never going to stop mentioning my hatred for them because Producers can do better). 'Go Bang' falls more into the line of being an instrumental dance song. It does have a bit of lyrics scattered across, but it's very much the music that makes the song tick. Having said that, this song wouldn't be anywhere near as great as it is without those lyrics in the chorus. They're repetitive & go absolutely nowhere, but the vocals lift the music up and I just love it. There is a minute sample & watching the video as you listen to this song will probably give you a headache. This song though should be ruling your Friday night playlist.



Speaking of videos that don't really have a storyline but the acting by the Artist puts the emotions of the song across so well you're basically traumatized, here's Paramore. I bought the album 'After Laughter' a few months ago now and this is one of my favorite songs on the album, so I'm really happy it's been chosen as a single. Can I help wondering what this song would sound like as a Rock ballad? No, and the beginning really doesn't help quell that curiosity. But this song is a perfect example of having a storyline where it doesn't, and really taking advantage of the songs lyrics. Hayley's just walking around like we all do, surrounded by a world full of people putting on a happy face. Eventually she becomes one of those people. Sounds simple enough but honestly, if you can listen to this song and watch the video without having your heart ripped out, you're basically not human.

0 comments:

Post a Comment