Thursday, January 4, 2018

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



Welcome to the first 5 picks of 2018, and we're kicking things off with a really lovely ballad from an Artist I never thought would be featured here. 'Havana' was among the top songs of 2017, and deservedly so even if I do prefer the non-rap version. 'Never Be The Same' is a lovely, heartwarming ballad with a video to suit. Honestly I love behind the scenes/tour/personal footage music videos because they are so personal and show a different side to Artists. It works particularly well here and completely fits with the message of the song. The only critic I can offer is that for a ballad, the song is probably a bit too long. No doubting that it's beautiful, but it really didn't need to be 5 and a half minutes long.



I don't think I can say anything about this song outside it's a bop. Like a massive, take the roof off the house, BOP. I expected nothing less though as soon as I clicked play on the video. Combining with Headhunterz, KSHMR brought us 'Dharma' a year ago, which is still one of THE best dance songs I have ever heard. What I love so much about Shiva though is the different genres of music intertwining. It is an absolute delight to listen to. Especially when it drops the beat break halfway through the song, and then goes back up. Absolutely marvelous to listen to.



Due to the holidays, 5 picks went on hiatus so as well as having some fresh tunes here, we also have some left over from last year and this song is so damn good. I have yet to come across a Bea Miller song that I don't like, and I can even tolerate the rap here even if it does do nothing for the song. What I always love is when musicians and producers behind them have a good sense of ear. It would've been quite easy to turn the music here into something that completely over powered Bea's voice, but instead the music takes on its supporting role perfectly and allows Bea Miller to shine. The dark music video does fit with the vibe of the song, but I really wish they'd done more with it.



It is true to say that a great soundtrack can tempt a person to watch an ok-ish movie. Well ok, it might not necessarily be a saying, but it is completely true here. It's no secret that I am a massive fan of Kesha and am delighted that she is finally able to produce new music, and wonderful covers such as this. It is a roaring, arena friendly cover. The only surprise I have is some people's surprise that Kesha can come up with a cover like this.



Excuse me for being so out of the loop that I have no idea who on earth Khalid is. Thanks to this medley and New Years Rockin Eve, I am a bit more clued in and this is a lovely medley. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect when I clicked play. Bringing together 2 Artists from completely different genres can work and be absolutely beautiful, but it can also be a gigantic mess. Thankfully this is very much absolutely beautiful. The two songs 'Thunder' and 'Young Dumb & Broke' really compliment each other. Neither feels like it's trying to overpower the other, and if I didn't know this was a medley of two different songs, I would've thought it was a simple straight forward collaboration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment