Monday, September 26, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of







Ahh White Lies, how I have missed you from my life. My ears were first graced with their music when I came across 'Fairwell To The Fairground' all the way back in 2011, and they've been one of my favourite bands since. After a 3yr break, they are back with a brand new album and some more belters. 'Come On' is a bit of a slow burner, not really kicking in until the middle, but it is well worth the wait. White Lies are an English band and you can pre-order the album Friends which comes out on the 7th October.



You may remember a lil old song called 'Other Side Of The World' which was a lil old smash back in 2005. Well 4 albums & pursuing a career in move soundtracks later, KT Tunstall is back with a brand new album and feast of songs for you to digest. I was intrigued by this song from the moment I pressed play, and I'm pleased to say it does not dissapoint. I think the lyrics have an interesting message to them which can resonate with a lot of people, and the music's strong enough without over powering. I don't think the video necessarily goes with the song, but it's worth keeping an eye out for the cameo at the end. KIN is out now.



I know what you're thinking and the answer is yes; I've selected quite the tunes this week (well I do so everywhere but let's try and be modest). This is actually a mixed bag for me since I loved Tom's first album ('Can't Pretend' and 'Hold Me' have been a mainstay on my mp3 since the album's release) but the new album isn't exactly blowing me away. I like this song, even if there's a few samples mixed in I can't quite put my finger on, and the video's interesting enough. I love how big the song gets as it reaches the finale, and there's no doubt that Tom's one of the best male singer/songwriters out there. Wrong Crowd is out now and maybe with a few more listens it will grow on me.



Stables are a duo that should be familiar to you, since they're one of many bands we play here at CONTROLRadioUK. I've had the joy of giving their album a listen for a review that will be up on CONTROLRadioUK within the next few weeks so look out for that. This song is absolutely beautiful from start to finish, lyrics are quite deep and the music's very haunting at the beginning as it grows into the song. I adore the video both for the story it's telling that fits perfectly with the song, and of course the scenery. How can I not talk about those gorgeous shots of the sea, blue sky & countryside? Stables debut album Beyond Bushes is out now.



Ok lyrically this song is extremely basic and the music is a little bit repetitive, but I can't help the fact it's caught me and I can't stop dancing to it (starting to believe the Hypothermic Syringe Theory isn't just about violence in the media, but that's a question best left for my next College paper) The lyric video's about standard, but I do like some of the colours used along with the world map since I'm always forgetting where Countries are. Dillion Francies is an American DJ, Record Producer & Internet Celebrity, and clearly I'm doing the Internet wrong since I'd never heard of him before this track. So you're getting a Geography lesson during a dance along, and discovering a new artist. What more could you want?

0 comments:

Post a Comment