Monday, September 12, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



When the song first started I wasn't sure where exactly it was going, and then the chorus hit. Oh what a belter of a chorus it is. The overall tone of the song reminds me somewhat of 70's rock which I like in spades. The guitar riff is absolutely gorgeous though the drum doesn't exactly blow me away, lyrically it's ok and it's definitely a song you can bounce your head to. Grouplove are an American Indie/Rock band & the album's out now.



A lady who should not require introduction, and I'm proud to boast 'I Turn To You' and 'Things Will Never Be The Same Again' amongst my favourite songs, Melanie C is back with a new song. Sometimes when Artists come back from a break their music unfortunately sounds a little dated. I'm pleased she doesn't have that problem here. Again lyrically this isn't exactly blowing my mind, but the music is on point. I like the subtle build up to the chorus which just comes out at you. You can pre-order Melanie C's 7th album 'Version Of Me' due for release on October 21st.



First thing; I am not a fan of any song that has an overly long introduction. It very quickly loses my attention which can be a shame when the song seems to be good. Here I ended up fast forwarding a minute and as I thought, the song is indeed great. Music video I don't really think much of but I love the music breakdown in between the verses & chorus. Lyrically the songs ok but again, not really grabbing my attention and I'm liking the 70's funk here. Cherry Glazerr are an American band who you should most definitely keep an eye on.



I love The Naked And Famous. They have such a unique sound that I have missed these past 3 years and I really need October to get here faster, because it's shaping up to be a great month for music. What I love about this song especially is it doesn't follow the routine of intro-verse-chorus-verse-chorus-end. Instead the second you press play this song is coming at you & even then doesn't follow a set beat. I love the music break, lyrically this is sound and the lyric video is beautiful to look at.



Finishing up this week is this beauty from Elena Goodard. Everything about this song is perfect. The music, the lyrics, music video and the under beats that run through to the chorus. Elena's got everything I love in a song here and it's again why I'm so grateful to be part of CONTROLRadioUK, because without this site and these picks, I would've never had reason to come across this song. Elena Goodard is an Indie Singer/Songwriter from Canada.

0 comments:

Post a Comment