Monday, November 13, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



I can't say much about this song except it's a really nice ballad. Sort of gets me into that Christmassy spirit, and the true test of an Artists is when they come up with a ballad. It tests the strength of your vocals and lyric talent, not to mention the music has to still go somewhere like it usually would on a Pop number, but that somewhere is different. Thankfully Kiiara absolutely nails this.



I absolutely love this song. Do I wish it went up after the chorus instead of down into a beat break? Absolutely, but that's the only critic I have here. Selena Gomez isn't the greatest singer in the world, and I very much find her music to be like marmite, but she's not put a foot wrong here. Though that could possibly be because the music is absolutely faultless.



This video does absolutely nothing for me whatsoever, and having heard multiple tracks by her now I do not get the hype of Julie Michaels, but this is a nice song. Music could be stronger since I am seriously beyond tired of that stupid tropical EDM beat now (we're in November and it's been around for 6 months now enough!) It's not the greatest song Clean Bandit have come out with either, but I've listened to this 5 times now and it doesn't irritate me, if anything its been embedded into my head. So that's something.



Tove Styrkes has that very rare artistic ability of making me love a song I should really hate. The video has gorgeous scenery and a type of story to it, but the success here is with the song in itself. The lyrics are catchy and get stuck in your head without meaning to. The music teases you with promises of exploring the promised land but doesn't, and I'm completely OK with this. In any other hands this song would be a complete dud, but Tove has that ability. Which is either a bad thing in a very good way, or a good thing in a very bad way. I don't know, but I will have the chorus stuck in my head for another week.



I want to have more to say about this song, since I obviously clicked play for a reason. I can probably put that down to the catchy beat. Lyrically this is OK, but the story of a person confessing sins in their sleep has been done before, and much better. Still Charlotte has a great voice and could really go places.



0 comments:

Post a Comment