Thursday, February 23, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



I think I've mentioned before that a lot of songs at the moment have the same type of sound. I don't know if everyone's using the same producers, or when someone uses one sound on a song and it becomes popular everyone has to, but it's something that happens every so often (like when one movie sequel is a massive success so that's all studios make for years, or TV Networks bringing out show after show on one genre because a show did great with it so everyone has to jump on the bandwagon). I don't like it because as said, every song sounds the same and when you've heard one, they all gel together so you lose originality. 'Human Touch' has that same EDM Pop Sound that every song has at the moment, but Betty Who makes it stand out from the crowd. Now before listening to this song I'd never heard of her, so I had no idea what to expect. I've now listened to the song a total of 5 times and the way Betty goes about this song makes it unique. The lyrics whilst a little generic feel original, and not a lot of people can do that. Betty Who is an Australian singer/songwriter and her album 'The Valley' is out on March 24th.



This is where I'm once again judged by my peers at CONTROLRadioUK HQ, but this song is excellent. It's the perfect mixture of Pop/Rock that isn't too heavy, but still pulls you into the song and then takes your breath away with the chorus. Some parts of the video grab me whilst others don't, but that's OK because the song more than sells itself. The lyrics are original and Vérité has one of those unique voices that stands out, and also completely guts you. This might be the song that gets her known, but she's got a back catalogue of 3 EP's and some mighty fine songs available on Youtube/Spotify which shouldn't be overlooked. Vérité is an American singer/songwriter and you can download/stream 'Phase Me Out' now.



Rag'n'Bone Man is incredible. He has such a beautiful, soulful voice & 'Human' was an excellent song, but I think 'Skin' is actually better. When you've got a song with such strong lyrics, it's always a risk that the music might overpower them but here it's a gentle supporting act and I love it. Singers like Rag'n'Bone man don't come along every day, and coming across his music has been a breathtaking pleasure. Rag'n'Bone man is an English singer/songwriter and his debut album 'Human' is out now.



My fellow peers at CONTROLRadioUK HQ don't see anything special about this song. They're right in that sense because there isn't anything unique about it but sometimes, I don't need that in a song. I just need something that makes me feel a bit joyful and distracts from all the chaos in the world. This does that for me perfectly, with a nice little airy sound you can get lost in. Bahari are a female trio coming out of the Southern California community of Manhattan Beach.



Finishing this week with a song that is good, but could've been so much better if it had more power. As it is we've got some nice enough lyrics that don't exactly grab me, and a bland song. Now I know what you're thinking. 'Why are you featuring this song here if you're just gonna complain about how much you don't like it?' The answer to that would be this song came out in December and has been sitting on the CONTROLRadioUK HQ noticeboard since then, because my fellow peers agree that this could've been a monster and many songs have come & gone from the noticeboard, but this has sat firmly & is now here. Gabrielle Aplin has a good voice even if her music isn't exactly my thing, and as much as I criticize, there is obviously something to like about this song. I've listened to it a number of times and despite not being great it does stick with you. It's just very disappointing it doesn't go anywhere.


0 comments:

Post a Comment