Monday, February 13, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



Pure and simple? This is a great beat. It mixes a number of different genres together, doesn't sound messy, doesn't over-due the Dubstep & I'm not sick of it by the 3rd listen; far more than I can say for 80% of dance tracks out right now. Sikdope is a Polish producer and 'Old School' is available now.



This song is basically my spirit animal. The lyric video is amongst the most creative I've seen, simply for the way it relates to the songs lyrics. I love the way this song gently grows to a big chorus that doesn't overwhelm the songs message, and I absolutely love the lyrics which again! My spirit animal. I think many women will relate to the lyrics and the positive message that it's sending. Maggie Lindemann is an American singer/songwriter and she could have a great career ahead of her.



What can I say about MUNA that I haven't already? They're excellent, I'm yet to hear a song by them I don't like and the album 'About U' is available now.



I first came across Anne-Marie last year when she released 'Alarm' and taking a look through both her back catalogue, and her duet with Clean Bandit & Sean Paul (for which she was the best thing about 'Lullaby') the girls got a cracking voice and makes some good songs. 'Ciao Adios' is no different but my minor critic would be I'd like her to sing about something different; cheating partners have been sung about to death. Sound wise this song is very similar to 'Lullaby' and the cynic in me can't help thinking this is being released to capitalize on that song. Those criticisms aside though this is a very good song that I'm sure people will be dancing away to.



My research tells me that JP Cooper previously collaborated with Jonas Blue on 'Perfect Strangers', and you know a person really does not pay attention to pop/dance music when I have no idea who they are or what that song was. In regards to 'September Song', I came across this by chance and again! You know a person does not pay attention when this actually came out at the end of November. This is a really nice song though with an equally nice video to accompany it. JP Cooper is an English singer and 'September Song' is out now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment