Thursday, February 23, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Presents Throwback Thursday: Best Of Rock





HAHAHA! Finally a Throwback Thursday that is firmly in my element. I discovered Rock music when I was around 14yrs old after a lovely girl at school introduced me to Linkin Park. I have not looked back since, though Rock has grown a lot since then with a number of sub-genres. I don't like every song & every band because some of it, just like every other genre, can be extremely generic. But I do like some and here, on this grandest of Throwback Thursday, we're taking a look at some of my favorite Rock songs (with some minor contributions from CONTROLRadioUK HQ)



The Song: Skin to Bone
The Artist: Linkin Park

CONTROLRadioUK Thoughts:
If I had my way 'Robot Boy' would be here instead, as it's in my top 5 favourite EVER songs list and no words of compliment can do it justice, but 'Skin To Bone' is just as good. The first Linkin Park song I heard was 'In The End' and to this day I know all the lyrics and rock out like the BAMF I am. Since then their music, just like every other Artist/Band in existence, has evolved. There is an argument over whether that's for the worse or better, but I have continued listening to their music even if I don't like every song and 'Skin To Bone' is so good. It's got a lovely tribal beat that runs perfectly through the song with the other mixture of beats. The lyrics whilst short and sweet, go ever so very deep and it really is a fantastic song.





The Song: Somebody Told Me
The Artist: The Killers

CONTROLRadioUK Thoughts:
My peers at CONTROLRadioUK HQ wanted me to feature 'Human' because for some unknown reason, it's the only song by The Killers they like. I don't know if it's because it was vastly overplayed on release with many people mocking it, but I really don't like it and this was the first song by The Killers I ever heard, and 'Hot Fuss' was the first Rock album I ever bought. It was a fantastic album, not a song I didn't like and I eagerly anticipated The Killers follow up album which fell flat. Like Linkin Park before them, The Killers are a band where I don't like every song & album they come out with, but when I do like something I fall for it hard. I will still to this day sing 'Somebody Told Me' with all my might proudly because it is a fantastic song with a release date that makes me feel very old.





The Song: Wake Up Call
The Artist: Maroon 5

CONTROLRadioUK Thoughts:
I love this video. It's just so well done with the editing and effects, I love it. It's not the best song by Maroon 5 (for me that will always be 'She Will Be Loved') but the musics good, the lyrics are good, and it's just a fantastic video.





The Song: Walk Away
The Artist: Kelly Clarkson

CONTROLRadioUK Thoughts:
Trying to pick a Kelly Clarkson song is not easy because she's amazing. My peers at CONTROLRadioUK HQ wanted me to go with 'Because Of You'. It's a fabulous song with a very powerful video, but I wanted something a bit more fun for a Thursday. 'Walk Away' is the fun I'm choosing today because again! She's got so many great songs, with great videos, anything from 'Miss Independent', 'Since You've Been Gone', 'Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)' could've been picked. But 'Walk Away' was one of my favourite songs as a late teen.




0 comments:

Post a Comment