Monday, October 10, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of




Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



Ahh Busted! Whilst all the girls at school were fawning over McFly I was loving Phantom Planet in between spinning the Busted CD. I still count tracks from both bands amongst my favourite songs and enjoyed Matt/Charlie solo stuff, but I wasn't really interested in thesuper-group. So the news that Busted were coming back together was greeted with excitement by me and this single here doesn't let me down. A thing that seems to bother fans is when Artists/Bands grow up and evolve their sound & I never understand that criticism. When you're in your 30's or whatever, you're not gonna be singing about a girl from Year 11 or how much you liked the milkman. The video doesn't do much for me, but I am looking forward to giving the album a listen. Busted are an English Pop/Rock band and the album 'Night Driver' will be released on 11th November.



First up in our 'Severely under-rated Artists' this week is Haley. I've featured her here a few times because she is an a great singer (I shall refrain from commenting on the acting). Picking a track from the album to feature here was quite difficult, but I settled on Palace. I like how moody the track is, I love the chorus & whilst I like the lyrics to nearly every song Haley does since they all have their own story? The lyrics here really stick out to me. It's a song that stays with me long after I've finished listening, her voice is perfect for these types of songs & the instruments are right on point here - not too much but not too little. If you haven't given Hayley a listen yet i strongly recommend it, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a bad song. The album 'Citrine' is available now for streaming & purchase.



BASTILLE! Oh how I never knew how much I'd grow to love you! I've been talked into doing a triple album review of Stables, Bastille & Meg Myers (which you can look forward to reading very soon) & even though this isn't my favourite track from 'Wild World' (that title belongs to blame) it is still a fantastic song. I've yet to come across a song of Bastille's that I don't like which is extremely difficult to achieve. Again this isn't my favourite, but it is pretty high on the list. Once again I adore the lyrics, the music & the fact Bastille have such a unique sound to them. The video's certainly got an interesting concept to it as all Bastille's videos do which is again! Another thing I love. 'Wild World' is out now for purchase and streaming.



Slowing the pace down a little bit here, we've got JoJo. You may remember her as the girl that gave us the monster that was 'Leave (Get Out)' & 'Too Little Too Late'. She's had a bit of a break since then but she's back & oh how I've missed her. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of 'Fuck Apologies' simply because I don't like rap added into songs, but 'Mad Love' is a fine tune & so is this one here. You don't always need a massive power ballad with loads of instruments to make a song - sometimes you just need a piano, voice and strong lyrics. JoJo has all three here & the video? It's again so simple yet it tugs at your heartstrings & made me listen to this song over and over again. Which is what a video's supposed to do. JoJo is an American Singer/Songwriter/Actress and 'Mad Love' is out on 14th October.



Finishing off this week is Two Door Cinema Club. I will admit I've spent my whole time listening to this song & watching the video completely unaware that it was an interactive 360*, meaning you can use the arrows on the screen to look around the room at various members of the band. Much better than just looking at the guys in black on keyboard/guitar and the drums (I'm gonna blame my bad eyesight for this one) This song like 'Are We Ready' & 'Bad Decisions' os perfection. 'Gameshow' is out on the 14th October and I really need it to hurry along so I can add this to my growing 2016 list. This year may have had a lot of ups (and mostly) downs so far (and that could get even worse) but one thing that hasn't let me down so far is music.

0 comments:

Post a Comment