Sunday, February 5, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



Kicking off the picks this week we have this beautiful number. This is one of those songs where you can't explain what it is about it exactly that is so good, it just is and gets better on every listen. My fellow peers at CONTROLRadioUK HQ on the other-hand are not crazy about this song. I don't judge them, instead I just feel sorry for their bad taste in music. Thankfully though they allowed this song to play for long enough to reach the chorus & that nice little drop beat warmed their cold, dead, musical hearts. Unfortunately I do not know much about Anna of the North, but continue with music like this & it won't be long before everyone does.



In 'words hurt' news, one of my peers at CONTROLRadioUK HQ commented that this song has a similar sound to One Direction, which is just wrong. That won't spoil my enjoyment of this song though because it is a banger. The video is interesting but doesn't overly grab me, probably because I've spent the last week staring at storyboards. I'm yet to hear a Grouplove song that I don't like and as I'm banned from featuring another of my favourite bands here due to tragic taste, you betcha I'm gonna feature Grouplove, Bastille & the mighty OneRepublic as much as possible. I have mentioned it before but it does bear repeating; Grouplove's album 'Big Mess' is currently available to stream and buy!



This song has been bumped from the picks many-a-times because I can only feature 5 songs here, and the list on our noticeboard is usually 15-20 long. I do still like this song but I have to admit after listening to it so many times, it is starting to wear a little thin on me now. But trying out a little 'Positivity Monday', Tor Miller has a fantastic voice. There's great production on this song which makes it feel bigger than it actually is, and even if it's wearing thin on me now it is still extremely memorable. The video doesn't exactly jump out to me, but I will be giving his album 'American English' which is available now a listen. Tor Miller is an American Indie/Pop singer.



I don't think an introduction is needed here because if you don't know who Twenty One Pilots are by now, you're either an extremely fortunate person or living under a rock. I don't say that to be mean because I do like Twenty One Pilots quite a bit, but everyone has different tastes. This song here though? Absolutely superb and as soon as it started playing CONTROLRadioUK HQ was for once unanimous in it being picked. I've touched on it before but Twenty One Pilots work so well for me because musically wise you can't put them into any one category; one of their songs can start out as a rock ballad and transcend into a dance number. Crucially though when they mix things up it doesn't sound like a mess. There's always so many different theories about what their songs/videos mean which I also like. Are they so fantastic that I love every song they come out with? Far from it, but they do make some wonderful music. I'll also note that this song features a sample that sounds very similar to 'You've Got The Love' by Florence and the Machine & I don't hate it.



Finishing off this weeks picks, a song here that sounds very similar to something that was recently submitted to CONTROLRadioUK and I don't hate it. This is a fantastic song with great lyrics accompanied by superb music, that grows excellently as the song goes along. There's nothing I hate more than verses seeming to be leading to a massive chorus, but instead playing it safe and going down. I can listen to this song over & over again (confession time: I actually have been) and it never gets boring which I'm glad about, because I started listening to Frenship last year & I wasn't overly impressed. I am nothing if not about second chances and I shall be giving their EP 'Truce' a listen. Frenship are an American Electronica music duo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment