Monday, July 4, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of




Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



Ok I prefer the original version of this song on the album, but Tove Lo isn't the worst person you can have feature on your track. This song is pure and simply a bop. I know the video courted a bit of controversy when it was first released since some people are stuck in a 1920's time warp, but I like it. I think the video matches the lyrics quite well, and all in all, it's just a really great, fun song. Years & Years are a British electronica trio formed in 2010. I was lucky enough to get the album as a Christmas present and can confirm there isn't one bad track on it.



We'll be honest; this has divided CONTROLRadioUK HQ. The song in itself is ok. The lyrics aren't bad, the beats are good, it keeps you hooked and by the end we were dancing along. The video on the other hand? Well I like the lyrics on the background in the chorus and the dancing is good. But that's where the positives end. Margaret is a Polish singer/songwriter and it's worth tracking out some of her other, better songs, online.



When I clicked this song I was expecting it to be a ballad, and happily surprised to discover it's the complete opposite. Sometimes with Religious artists, the songs can come across as being quite preachy which is annoying. I don't know who wants to listen to a song that proclaims everything is wrong with your life until you join them in the Special Kingdom, but it's not me. So very thankful that whilst the lyrics do have the undertones of Religion in them, it's not the focal point and the songs enjoyable. Jordan Feliz is a Christian musician who plays folk rock/soul style of Christian pop.



Let's just get this out there: The Veronicas are supremely underated. I have been a fan of them since coming across Everything I'm Not. I'm not going to say every track they've ever recorded is my cup of tea, but a good 80% of it is. This song is a belter from beginning to end and has already had countless replays. It's not the greatest video you'll ever watch, but sometimes that doesn't matter when the songs as good as this. The Veronicas are an Australian pop/punk duo formed in 2005.



Being honest when the song first started playing, I had to double check to make sure I hadn't accidentally clicked a Halsey video and I've seen people comment similar. That aside the songs quite fun, albeit not exactly what I was expecting, so that's another happy surprise for this week. I absolutely adore the chorus for the guitar and look forward to listening to more stuff from this band. Against The Current (also known as ATC) are a Pop/Rock band from New York formed in 2011.


0 comments:

Post a Comment