Monday, July 25, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of




Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.




I'm gonna start off this week with two things; First a thank you to the owner of CONTROLRadioUK for creating such an awesome station & an even bigger thank you for allowing me on board this train. My ears have been opened up to some truly amazing artists through doing these picks every week & I love it. This song is beautiful beyond words as is the video, so I'll direct your attention to the praise button instead of trying to lavish with praise. Headhunterz is a Dutch DJ and Music Producer & KSHMR is an Indian/American EDM Producer from California.



Yes you are seeing this correctly; we have two songs from Headhunterz in our picks of the week which is a CONTROLRadioUK first. Both of these songs are absolutely fantastic, all here at CONTROLRadioUK HQ agreed they were both making the picks. For me personally, I've been looking around since Swedish House Mafia went their seperate ways for another DJ/Producer I could get into and I think I'm onto a winner here with Headhunterz. R3hab is a Dutch DJ/Record Producer and basically pressing play on both of these tracks is a fine way to handle a Monday.



So basically this song is a lot of fun and likely to be added to my work-out playlist. During the summer, you need a lot of fun songs. The lyrics aren't the best for me and I would've liked the chorus to have a bit more bass and power to it but as I've said before, as long as you can enjoy a song, it's all good. Cardiknox are an American Indie/Pop band formed in 2013 and you should definitely give them a listen.



This video's a little out there. I'm really not a fan of anything that reminds me of clowns or dolls in this case but amongst the madness is a nice bit of scenery to make this video bearable. The song on the other hand is a belter I knew I was going to love as soon as the music started playing. I really do love the sounds and the lyrics are quite good as well. When I'm inevitably questioned over the usually large amount of albums on my statement, I'll be directing them to CONTROLRadioUK.



This is here simply because I love Meg Myers. Her debut album is amazing. Her music videos as have been commented feel so personal and intimate. If you've never listened to her before then you should since you're really missing out. I know I say that somewhat often, but that's just because there are so many incredible artists that people haven't heard of because the market is so saturated. I think that's a shame and am always encouraging to try new things, so you can thank me later.


0 comments:

Post a Comment