Wednesday, April 26, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



This song is here for 2 reasons. 1) I've become addicted to watching Spanish shows which is surprising to everyone, considering I studied Spanish for 2 years at school and absolutely nothing sank in. But when you're friends with people who have Spanish friends and know THE dramas to watch? It becomes a circle of watchers and we are all extremely excited that 'Las Chicas Del Cables' is out on Friday. 2) This is a great song. I don't understand a word of it but music is such a universal language that you don't need to understand the actual lyrics to get the song (and a music video featuring clips from the above does go along way yes). But yes! I must tell everyone how awesome Spanish TV is and continue this ever so awesome and addictive cycle.



When my good people at CONTROLRadioUK HQ reject all of my song suggestions minus 2 (and I seriously had to bargain for the first 1 but I can't help it I'm very excited for Friday) we end up with some picks here that aren't recommended by the musical guru that is moi, but I assure you the songs are still fantastic. I don't know a lot about Blondie outside of 'Call Me' and 'Atomic' so thorough analysis is unfortunately MIA. But this is a nice pop number. The video is OK even if it doesn't really go anywhere because the music does, and lyrically it's doing well for itself.



This is a wonderfully infectious song and a rare occasion when I will say the good peeps at CONTROLRadioUK HQ have superior taste to me. The video is again nothing special but the songs got a nice synth element to it that is sure to get you on your feet dancing. The lyrics are deep and it goes somewhere! It's seriously not a lot to ask that a song does something with itself for 3+ minutes, instead of staying on the same old boring note, repeating itself 10 times over or even worse only having about 40 seconds worth of lyrics over an annoying beat. I don't ask for much and Pale Waves are achieving it here.



OK so when I came across 'Good Die Young' I really wanted to put it on the picks, but the song wasn't quite strong in terms of music to be considered by CONTROLRadioUK HQ and since then I've basically been waiting around for Molly Kate Kestner to release something else. There's no doubting she has a fantastic voice but sometimes you just need a song to be that little bit stronger, and 'Prom Queen' is that in leaps and bounds. The videos a simple premise managed so well, the verses are neither over powering or too light, with the music having a nice easy build up and then the chorus just smacks you round the head and that climax? What can you say about it?!



OK so Paramore are probably a band you already know, but this song is so infectious I couldn't not feature it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment