Monday, July 18, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of




Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



THIS. SONG. IS. A. BOP.
We featured Allie's 'Too Much To Dream' on the picks a little while ago and agreed back then, she had the potential to make some seriously awesome tunes. We're happy to report our suspicions were correct. I purchased this song after exhausting the play button and happily added it to my phone's work-out playlist. All The Rage has some delicious 80's type beats running throughout and the sound reminds us of something else we can't place. Focussing on the song here, it isn't just awesome music, but awesome music fitted to great lyrics. Basically this song deserves all the awards.



First things first; this song contains a small sample that I've heard in another song recently but can't quite place it and that's very annoying.
Moving on to the serious stuff, normally we wouldn't cover an artist like Shawn Mendes here. I find parts of the lyrics problematic but the message of the video and helpline at the end are important. Domestic violence is amongst many issues that unfortunately plagues society. We here at CONTROLRadioUK will give praise to those who use their platform to raise awareness for these issues.



Hold the line; THE NAKED AND FAMOUS ARE BACK. It has been 3 very long years since they released new music. Thankfully they've given us this beauty and the album's out in October. Which is only a 3 month wait so I shall forgive them. I could wax lyricals about this song all day, but why do that when you can press play and discover the magic for yourself. The Naked And Famous are an indie/electronica band from Auckland, Australia, that formed in 2007.



Continuing with the bangers this week, we have this. Within 5 seconds of being shown to CONTROLRadioUK HQ it was agreed this was making the list. So I'm glad my excellent taste in music is being appreciated. Scenery & storytelling are key for me with music videos. What I also like? Animation. Some of my favourite shows/movies as a kid were animated ones, and whilst some might see animated music videos as being lazy, I love them. They're fun, they're pretty and can make a dud song enjoyable. The lyrics are again not the greatest that have ever met my eyes. But the musics on point and so is the video. Chvrches are a Scottish synth/pop band from Glasgow formed in 2011 & Hayley Williams is the lead singer of Paramore.



This song and the video that accompany it are beautiful. Society is insane right now. There's so much hate, darkness & violence infecting the world which saddens me. There are many ways to combat & resolve that which people will focus on, but I prefer to go with light + positivity which this breeds in barrels.




0 comments:

Post a Comment