Monday, April 17, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



I hope you're all having a cracking Easter and welcome to a brand new 5 Picks! I know you all miss me as much as I miss you and like the Easter bunny I come baring gifts starting with this fab track. The video is a bit of a cluster which I think fits ever so well with this beauty of a song. Everything about this song musically enchants me to such a point that I don't even bother looking at what the lyrics are saying. That's a little naughty of me I know but when a song sounds this good, nothing else matters. In all seriousness though these lyrics are quite deep and nothing about them feels generic; everything about this song comes from the heart. It's a rare genre of songs that pulls you in from the off and will probably lead you to break the replay button but #noregrets. The Amazons are an English rock band and their debut album 'The Amazons' is due for release on 26th May but you can pre-order now and get 'Black Magic' instantly.



There are things about this song that work, such as the tropical beats, but mostly this song is more of the same old. It doesn't really go anywhere, has that same old generic sound that got boring 10 songs ago, the lyrics are nothing to write home about and this song does for the most part bore me. In a weird twist of irony though those things that bore me are also what makes this song. We're reaching that part of the year where we're going to be over-run by songs proclaiming to be 'dance anthems', whilst we're lying on the beach taking in that beautiful sea air and having a drink or two. It's a wonderful image isn't it? Well this song puts that image right at the forefront of your head. It's so airy and easy going you can sink into it and count down those days till you hit the beach. It's certainly not the worst song of its kind that you'll ever hear and I'll take it over EDM-Dubstep wannabes. State of Sound are a Swedish duo.



Considering I have to constantly put up with being told 'you would like this song, it's right up your street', you don't know how much joy it brings to me to be able to throw this comment in the faces of my wonderful peers at CONTROLRadioUK HQ. To watch their faces sink knowing I finally have them? It's such a beautiful feeling. That aside though this track is actually quite good. As per the course of most of my musical interactions, I stumbled across this song by chance and I haven't looked back. This songs got that little bit more power in musically & lyrically to separate it from the norm, and I love it. Even if the video doesn't have a story, it still matches the songs feistiness, so I can let the little things go. Serena Ryder has a great voice and I'm going to take joy exploring her back catalogue.



I don't know what I can say about this song other than it is LIT. Yes the music video's a lil weird but after a while you just get used to that. This is Royal Blood's first offering in 3 years and they are certainly coming back with a bang. That's it. That's all I can muster, because no words from a mere mortal such as myself can do this absolute belter justice; it's just something you'll have to discover from yourself by clicking play and then thanking me for eternity. You're welcome.



I very much prefer 'Dye My Hair' over this. I think it's got more about itself but 'Chasing Highs' isn't a bad follow up. Nothing about this really stands out though, musically it could be a lot stronger but lyrically it's ok. Like with State of Sound I like this song for all the reasons that I don't like it, and it's better than what many other Artists are offering. The video also includes some nice scenery which is always a plus. Alma is a Finnish singer with a great voice for someone of her age, and definitely an Artist worth keeping an eye on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment