Friday, June 29, 2018

Panic! At The Disco Perform On the Today Show + Launch Human Rights Organization 'Highest Hopes Foundation'





Panic! At The Disco dropped by NBC'S Today show this morning, where they performed 'I Write Sins Not Tragedies', 'Say Amen (Saturday Night)' and 'High Hopes'. Panic! are of course amidst heavy promotion for their recently released album 'Pray For The Wicked' and Brendon also took some time to talk with the hosts about the album and the way in which it came together.

"I had just finished a stint at Broadway, and when I got home I planned to relax and take the rest of the year off, and just spend some family time. My heart, my inspiration and my brain did not want to do that, so my second day into my sabbatical I just started working and came up with this album," Urie said.

Brendon also spoke a little about the human rights organization that Panic! have created which you can find more details about on their website.

The rock singer said Thursday that the nonprofit will support “communities subject to discrimination or abuse on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity.”

Panic! At the Disco will allocate $1 of each ticket from U.S. dates of its “Pray for the Wicked Tour” to Highest Hopes. The tour starts July 11 in Minneapolis and will also visit arenas like New York’s Madison Square Garden and Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Panic! At the Disco released its debut in 2005. The band has downsized over the years, and now only includes Urie. A touring band accompanies him on the road.

Its 2016 album, “Death of a Bachelor,” earned a Grammy nomination for best rock album. Panic! At the Disco released a new album, “Pray for the Wicked,” last week.

You can watch all of the fantastic performances below!



0 comments:

Post a Comment