Tuesday, June 14, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of




Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



This was actually pretty tough to decide since I like Hotter Than Hell as well, but I am a sucker for gorgeous scenery and this songs been in my head since Friday so it's clearly a winner. Dua Lipa is an English singer/songwriter born to Albanian parents. She also, like me, attended Sylvia Young Theatre School so yes! Definitely one to look out for.



Ok so when I suggested this song, I was greeted with surprise since apparently 'this isn't your usual type of music'. This is true and once again a result of Music Channel surfing, but as I always say, if you can have a random video on the TV and NOT want to turn it off within 10 seconds of hearing it? There's something good in it. I'll let the rap in the middle of the song slide due to the song being ridiculously infectious. IV Rox are a girl group from England/Netherlands.



First, I was not a big fan of Mike Posner when he first came out. Second, this song is awesome. Like I have the two different versions of this song because I love it so much, and it hasn't left my phone since awesome. Artists who can reflect and poke fun at themselves in their lyrics without going overboard I can respect. The video also speaks to me and where the two different versions is related, I'm usually a person who hates remixes. They seriously have to impress and give me that extra umph for me to even bother pressing the play button. Mike Posner is an American singer/songwriter/record producer.



Before Saturday morning I had never heard of Christina Grimmie. But like many others, I felt the heartbreak and cried the tears at a life taken before it'd had a chance to begin to an appalling crime. I'm not going to lie this weekend on a whole has sucked. Massively. We all need something though to get us through dark times and music is it for me. Counting Stars is amongst my top OneRepublic songs and Christina did an excellent cover of it, so therefore it felt like the right pick to honour her. RIP Christina.



I first heard of MØ through her featuring on Lean On with Major Lazer & Diplo, which I didn't like at all but tolerated hearing. She's actually been around since 2012 and her own music is in my opinion miles better. Once again I am a sucker for gorgeous scenery. The lyrics also speak to me and I just love the sound of the chorus. MØ is a Danish singer/songwriter and if you haven't checked out her stuff, you are missing out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment