Monday, January 23, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



Quite simply this is a beautiful song with an empowering & thought provoking video.



This song is very much a grower for me. When I first heard it I wasn't sure where it was going; lyrically it hits the emotions & was picked by CONTROLRadioUK HQ for the story behind the song. Musically it's a little weak for me and on the first couple of listens doesn't really go anywhere. Hence grower. You probably recognize Kiesza from the smash that was Hideaway, but she has been keeping busy and we're excited to see what she comes out with in the future.



OK so when I showed this to CONTROLRadioUK HQ the reaction was 'of course you'd like this'. This is a reaction I am typically met with as I guess some people just can't handle a superior taste in music, but this is a little beauty of a song. Since I like to take the credit for everything I won't thank recommendations for this. Instead I shall comment on the fact this song does start off slow, but then it kicks it up a notch and is really quite fabulous. Karmina are an American indie/pop duo made up of two sisters.



Sometimes you watch a TV show, hear a song and it just clicks with you. That's very much the case here and whilst I'm forbidden from mentioning what said show I heard this on is, I can say that this song is so powerful it grabbed my attention right away and I spent 3 days searching to find out what it was and who by. The video is good but it's the song that truly grabs me as musically & lyrically it is so hauntingly beautiful, and stays with you long after the songs finished. Dean Lewis is an Australian based musician and definitely one to look out for.



To finish off this weeks picks we have MUNA, who are fast on the way to stealing the crown of my favorite new band on 2017. As soon as I saw this notification I knew this song was going to be on the picks, regardless of what my fellow peers at CONTROLRadioUK HQ thought (but thankfully enough they agree with my as always superior taste). This song isn't quite as strong as 'I Know A Place' but it's not far off. It's again got some fantastic lyrics & a kick-down beat which won over CONTROLRadioUK HQ. For me personally I haven't been this excited about a follow-up song (Which I should stress is NOT necessarily a band/artists next song following their debut, but the next new song CONTROLRadioUK HQ hears following introduction to said band/artists) since Allie X. Their album 'About U' is out on February 3rd and due to the release of Dua Lipa's debut album being put back to 2nd June 2017, 'About U' may end up being the first album of 2017 that I purchase (Considering I buy around 5-8 albums a year that's quite a feat)

0 comments:

Post a Comment