Thursday, January 12, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Presents Throwback Thursday: 2015





Welcome to our first Throwback Thursday of 2017 and what better way to kick things off than travelling to the not so distant past of 2015 and bringing you 5 of our favorite music videos!



Artist: Twenty One Pilots
The Song: Stressed Out
Released: 2015

CONTROLRadioUK Thoughts:
So this was a bit of a smash, the first Twenty One Pilots songs I heard and since then they've become one of my favorite bands. The video was what first drew me to the song because yes! If you have a music video that is half interesting, I will stay and listen to your back catalogue/future collection. The lyrics are the center point of the song though, with a focus on childhood nostalgia I think we can all resonate with and the pressures of adulthood.





Artist: Allie X
The Song: Catch
Released: 2015

CONTROLRadioUK Thoughts:
Have I ever mentioned that Allie X is one of my favorite female singers & seriously under-rated? Oh, I have? Well a reminders always good! I have yet to listen to a song of Allie X that I don't like. Her up-tempo numbers have great lyrics to accompany a fantastic beat, and her ballads are just as amazing.





Artist: Brandon Flowers
The Song: I Can Change
Released: 2015

CONTROLRadioUK Thoughts:
This wonderful number was picked by my good people at CONTROLRadioUK HQ who like the songs sound, and I can agree with that. The Killers & Brandon Flowers can be hit and miss for me but this is a top track. I also like how colorful this lyric video is, but mostly I am here for the sound which has a nice 80's vibe to it.





Artist: Kelly Clarkson
The Song: Piece By Piece
Released: 2015

CONTROLRadioUK Thoughts:
Basically I challenge anyone to watch this performance and not break down in tears. Not that it needs to be said but Kelly Clarkson is a fantastic singer who makes great music.





Artist: Sia
The Song: Elastic Heart
Released: 2015

CONTROLRadioUK Thoughts:
I know all publicity is good publicity, but I seriously did not understand the criticism for this video when it was released & the negative comments given about it to this day. We've got an excellent dancer here in Maddie combining with a good actor in Shia to bring us a really good music video. The lyrics are once again thought provoking & I love the music on this so much I tracked down an instrumental of this song, and I honestly can't say which is better. It's been explained that the video has them portraying two different states of a person, and music like any other form of art is all about expression.

0 comments:

Post a Comment