Tuesday, September 12, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



This video really isn't much, but this is a great track with a lovely drop in the chorus making up for the lack of lyrics. I can't really describe what genre this falls into, I'm just glad it's not EDM. Ashe is very much an up and coming singer/songwriting, but if 'Used To It' is any indication, she has the potential to be huge.



I'm not sure if it was the intention, but those individual shots look like something straight out of a clothing commercial. Apart from that I am admiring the beautiful scenery because I am a sucker for it, and this song is good enough. It's nothing too complicated lyrics wise, just a nice feel good track you can dance the night away to.



Unfortunately I wasn't able to feature the new Foo Fighters track here as well, but basically we're blessed Green day & Foo Fighters are releasing music at the same time. Yes this song comes from 'Revolution Radio' that was out last year, but this is still a new single, so the sentiment totally counts. This song is typical Green day, though the beginning may make you think your headphones are up the spout (this is becoming a bit of a habit with songs lately & I don't hate it). 'Too Dumb to Die' is thought provoking lyrically, with that Green Day sound we all know and love & the lyric video fits the tone of the song perfectly.



KELLY CLARKSON IS BACK. I know she last released an album 2 years ago, but any time an Artist such as Kelly Clarkson releases new music it is a big deal! She has got such a fantastic voice and this song is brilliant. Has a minor sample at the beginning of the chorus I can't quite place, and I love when Artists give the backing dancers/singers presence in videos instead of just being background noise.



I'm gonna be honest this doesn't blow me away at all, and is only here because music had a bit of a slow week in terms of offerings. The music is OK but riddled with that summery EDM beat I have grown to hate. But the collaborative effort transforms a mundane song into something enjoyable. Hailee Steinfeld is more than proving her musical credentials, the only thing I would want in future is for her to try a different type of music.

0 comments:

Post a Comment