Monday, August 28, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



I love The Amazons. Their self titled debut album is magnificent. The guitar break in the middle of 'Ultraviolet' is nothing short of superb, and their music actually means something. It's not just basic rhyming couplets with predictable beats. As said their debut album is magnificent since no song sounds the same which I can appreciate, and it's extremely rare for their to not be one filler song. You can stream the album on Spotify.



It's no secret how much I like Grouplove. They make extremely fun music, and I'm honestly sick of people accusing musicians of selling out, just because their music sounds different to something released 5 years ago. It's called progression and is something to be celebrated. 'Remember That Night' is another fun number from Grouplove, which starts off as a ballad and then quickly explodes. The chorus is already stuck in my head and I've only listened to this song 3 times. Visuals are a bit weird though.



I didn't know what exactly I was expecting when I pressed play, but this is quite good. The bicycle moves are extremely impressive, and it's a decent enough feel-good song. It doesn't exactly blow me a way, the music is nothing new at all, and lyrically it doesn't have much substance to it. Rachel Platten is mostly known for 'Fight Song' which somewhat unexpectedly blew up in 2015. Nobody wants to be stuck as a one hit wonder, but I think it's worse to be stuck as a one genre wonder, which is what I'd class Rachel Platten as. Every Artist has the odd feel good song which is OK, but you need to be able to come up with something different every now and then, and Rachel Platten just doesn't do that.



This is an example of a feel good song done right. The video is gorgeous, completely in tone with the songs message and I love the self awareness Echosmith had with the concept. The music actually goes somewhere, and the lyrics are extremely relatable without feeling preachy. 'Future Me' is the second Echosmith song to feature here in as many weeks. I have only just started listening to them and they're a pretty great band. Their album 'Inside A Dream' is released on 29th September.



PVRIS are incapable of making a bad song. That's not me fangirling, it's just pure and simple facts. A review of 'All We Know Of Heaven All We Need Of Hell' will be up in due case, so all I'll say here is it doesn't disappoint. Where 'Anyone Else' is concerned, this video is as spectacular as the song. The way it explodes in the second half is nothing short of outstanding, and you're lying if you say 'I don't belong to anyone else' isn't stuck in your head.

0 comments:

Post a Comment