Monday, August 7, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of



Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



This is basically the only HAIM song I'm ever going to acknowledge. Sorry, but they're just not my thing. This song though? It gets me. I know I've been saying that a lot of recent but it's true. It's honestly wonderful for me to listen to songs and enjoy them not just because they sound good, or because I like the Artist, but because something in the song connects to me. I like the way the music, in particular the drums and guitar, build gradually. I could do with slightly better lyrics, and the music going somewhere after the chorus instead of being caught in a never-ending circle. Vocally the song feels a little bit lazy, and I know all of this seems like criticism, but I actually love it. Oh and the rest of CONTROLRadioUK HQ, who have at some point in their lives listened to more HAIM songs than me and actually think they're good, like this song as well. So it's not just something I'm loving to hate.



Fall Out Boy are a cool band. I have liked them since my mid-teens, and I wanted to feature this song last week but it's called 5 Picks for a reason. I still love you the week after, you've got a good chance of making it here. This song will probably be on the NFL Soundtrack for this season (look at me acting as if I know anything about what beloved American's call 'football'). Honestly though this song is awesome and completely Fall Out Boy. Musically this is absolutely superb, lyrically it's quite inspirational, and the video's interesting. Only sad thing is having to wait until January for the album. But you can pre-order now and 'Champion' along with 'Young and the Menace' is available to stream/download.



This song is so devastatingly beautiful. If you haven't pre-ordered the album or counting down the days until its release, look at your life choices. I've said it before and it bears repeating; PVRIS are incapable of making a bad song & every song is better than the last. Quite a feat to achieve. There's nothing else I can say that can do justice to how fantastic this song is. Another thing I say quite often, but when music is as flaw-free as this, why not let it speak for itself? OK I'll say lyrically this is mesmerizing and musically this touches my soul. That's all I've got.



OK I know they have now released the official audio for this which you can find on their Channel, but sometimes I just prefer live versions. Depending on the Artist they have more heart and it's this live version that has made me like the song so much, so it's here to stay! They have only released two singles so far from the album and it's probably a little too early to be jumping in the queue, but I honestly think this might be the first album of theirs I buy since 'Sam's Town'. I love both these singles so much, they haven't left the playlist since they were released, why not? Music is a form of art, expression, to get out all those feelings you have building inside you, and I think lyrically this song is perfect with the political discourse we're currently living in.



Is this just an excuse for me to talk about how much I love Lorde's album? Little bit. By far this isn't the best track they could've released, but I do like this track very dearly. This video is also an example of how you can have a story in a music video without having a story. Sounds weird right but totally true. On the surface this is just Lorde having fun on a beautiful island. You could almost call it a perfect place right?! (Not apologizing for that) She's having the time of her life except she actually isn't, which is the story of the song in one, and again it's just a song that gets me. For someone so young, having such a talent in writing is incredible. Most people her age and even older are just sticking to basic rhyming patterns on a decent enough beat. Lorde has never done that and it's something I can respect even if all her music isn't my cup of tea. I'll also add here that 'Supercut' is by far the best track on the album, and I really do need this to be a single. Which means it won't because flop choices are always made. But this song is gold lyrically, musically and visually and if you haven't bought/streamed the album you are really missing out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment