Friday, March 3, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



What can I say that I haven't already said? I'm so glad I came across MUNA, I have yet to hear a song by them that I don't like, you should totally buy/stream the album 'About U' and featuring them in the 5 picks has become as obligatory as OneRepublic, Bastille & Hayley Kiyoko. I like how creative MUNA'S lyric videos are. I like the fact that with each song of theirs I hear, I discover something new that I like about them because they're a rare band where every song doesn't sound the same. That's about all I got.



Here's something you won't read often; I was not a massive fan of 'Pure Heroine'. I know! Total shocker but the only songs I liked off the album were 'Royals', 'Team' and 'Tennis Court'. I tried to give the album a listen but once I listened to one song it felt like I'd listened to them all. But Lorde does make good music & I think 'Green Light' is a good example of that, and why artists/bands should leave a decent amount of time between albums. I get with Labels there is always a rush to get the next album out so you stay relevant and the money keeps rolling in. But when you give an artist/band time to develop music organically as they grow? You get a record like this. The lyrics are actually quite deep & the music is perfect. It gradually builds up in the right places but doesn't over-ride Lorde. Instead it remains soft where it needs to be & kicks up a slight notch where needed which is hardly at all & the video is simple but effective in adding to the song, and that's all I ever want.



Whenever Hayley Kiyoko releases a new song/video, there is a 99.9% chance it will feature here. The rare 0.01% when it doesn't? Well I have yet to see that time but for future reference I'm going to blame a malfunction in sense of taste or being so busy I'm cut off from the Internet for a week. Hayley Kiyoko was one of the CONTROLRadioUK Artists Of The Year for a reason. The video and lyrics to this song as always fit perfectly so just click play & admire beauty in video form.



We're having a very rare week here where I think the Picks speak for themselves without requiring me to write essays about them (granted I can't really resist because I love showing off my superior taste in music). I wasn't overly impressed with 'Human Touch' which I featured here in the not too distant past, but 'Some Kinda Wonderful' and now 'You Can Cry Tomorrow' are winning me round. They have decent enough lyrics with a good enough beat to keep the song in my head for a few days, and don't sound as generic as some offerings I've been forced to listen to recently.



Sometimes a song just grabs me. I can't explain why and am usually judged for it, but sometimes they just do. This is an example of that. In theory I should hate this since the drop isn't spectacular & sounds like any other dance song you'll here on a Friday night, lyrics are a little generic & there isn't anything special or unique about this song to draw it out of a crowd. But yet, despite all this I love it? I don't know if it's the video hypnotizing me, or the country style beats in the chorus making me think of a bunch of really bad Western movies, but I love this song & it stays with me. Two Friends are an American duo and the EP 'Out Of Love' is out now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment