Friday, November 2, 2018

Clean Bandits Collab, Carly Rae Jepsen, Astrid S, Little Mix & LSD Are Our New Music Friday Picks





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for the freshest tunes, be it for playlisting or you do readers. It may have been 84years, but #NewMusicFriday is back and very much with a bang as we have pop-tastic hits for you!



Clean Bandit have a brand new album called "What Is Love" out on the 30th of this month. Said album can be pre-ordered right now and will include such delicious hits as this wonderful collab with Marina & Luis Fonsi. From start to finish 'Baby' is such an excellent sultry song, and has a great video to accompany it. Marina is an excellent singer who has such unique vocals she can pretty much slide into any genre of music and still make an excellent song. You may fear with two collaborative artists joining Clean Bandit the song may become too busy, but everything fits together perfectly. Marina's the main artist, Luis Fonsi comes in for his bit and it's all over Clean Bandit's signature sound and the music video is just perfect. It's got humorous elements, it's got a story that fits perfectly with the song and you can expect this to be another song that rules the airwave for months to come.





2018 has blessed up with a lot of fabulous music so of course it also gives us a brand new Carly Rae Jepsen anthem. The song might be quite deep lyrically, and the video might start off on a sad note, but it soon ventures into positivity and the uplifting message of having fun with yourself because that's all we really need. Carly's last album "E•MO•TION" was released back in 2015 but the good news is she's been hard at work on her fourth studio album, and 'Party For One' is taken from that.





OK so within 5 seconds of pressing play on this I was in love. The video is extremely creative and gorgeously shot. The lyrics are powerful and tell a heartfelt story, which the video echoes and musically?! I'm completely in love. It's just such a superbly made song that is perfect in every single way that I like my angst ridden songs to be. There's absolutely no doubting that 'Emotion' is packed with emotion (pun completely intended, I know, I'm awful). Astrid S is an extremely talented singer and I can never have enough music from her.





In case I haven't mentioned it before (I know I have but I'm still going to say it again) Little Mix have a brand new album coming! It's called "LM5", there's a distinct possibility I may be extremely excited for it. They're such great performers and 99% of the time their music never fails to quell the appetite. The first time I heard 'Move' I hated the song. I didn't really understand what it was trying to do, it felt extremely messy and I never wanted to listen to it ever again. Fast forward and it ended up becoming one of my favourite songs, because it was doing something different with itself. 'Joan of Arc' is along those lines. The lyrics don't impress me in places but I still get the story it's trying to tell. The girls all sound superb as always and musically? This song is gonna be blowing up the clubs. It's just got THOSE type of beats that will get your feet moving on the dance floor, goes in different directions and mixes different styles of music together. Extremely pleasing on the ears and I really can't wait for LM5.





Finishing this week is a really interesting number from LSD aka Labrinth, Sia and Diplo.I have spoken above about mixing differently styles of music together, and considering that 'Mountains' feels like a really good note to end this week. It starts off on an extremely sad, dare I ever say depressing, wintery note. Then it veers off into a different direction. Labrinth and Sia's voices again fit together seamlessly, the chorus has enough about it to be stuck in your head for weeks to come, and it's a strangely peaceful song. In places it does feel like two different songs that have been brought together, so propbably won't be everyone's cup of tea, but it's one of those things where it just works for the Artist in question.

EXTRA TID BITS;

New Music Friday has been on a little bit of a hiatus recently. During said hiatus A LOT of top quality music has been released. I'm absolutely in love with The Struts new album "YOUNG&DANGEROUS". It completely lives up to the hype and was most definitely worth the wait with 'Fire' among my favourite tracks (not really saying much since they're all superb)



They're not the only ones to have released an album recently though as MØ finally released her album and it was every bit as fantastic as I hoped. Tove Lo also released her short film "Blue Lips" last month. Having previously not had the pleasure of watching any of her short films, I can confirm that i was extremely impressed and regret all my other decisions. Short films are a great way of allowing people to express themselves and more people should do them. Having recently watched and been completely consumed by Elite, I of course had to immediately check out the soundtrack and if Matt Maltese's I Hear The Day has Come doesn't make you burst into tears then you're clearly a robot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment