Thursday, April 20, 2017

CONTROLRadioUK Presents Throwback Thursday: The JAMS





I know, I don't half pick some awful titles. My apologies in advance but even for a maestro like me naming things is extremely difficult, and to be honest JAMS sums this post up quite well. Be it old school or current, JAMS are those songs that you just can't get out of your head no matter how awful they are, in some cases grow to love them whilst in others the love was always there and this is just an excuse to once more boast over superior music taste. So, without further ado.....



This song is a mainstay on my workout playlist and I have noregets.gif (I know I should really stop doing this I'm so sorry). Where I first heard this I cannot tell you, but I feel like this song and more importantly the video are so current with the climate we're living in. I feel like this song and the lyrics especially are really under-rated.





Yep! As a kid I hated this song because it was so overplayed that it became really annoying. As an adult though? This song is my JAM. Nothing better than singing this at full kelter (and is another mainstay on my workout playlist) Taking away the overplayed element, this song is so addictive. Like it's impossible to hear this and not want to dance along. It's a shame they were a bit of a one hit wonder, but I guess sometimes that's just #thewayitis.gif (I swear I really will stop at some point)





If you're not here for the singing cat then you're basically lying to yourself. Like I honestly think 99% of the views on this song are just for that. It is quite an adorable cat (looks remarkable similar to mine) and the sass is here. Aside from the dancing cat I like this song for the music, because lyrically this song is a mess. The clean version makes up for this to an extent but you still know the innuendo's there, and I'm basically over men being a mess in songs and it being dismissed but the second a woman comes out with a diss track? HOLD. THE. PRESS.





This isn't my favorite Steps song by a mile. When I do so many of these Throwback Thursdays though my pool of songs grow smaller, especially when it comes to songs considered ..... I'm gonna go with worthy of featuring here? I'll also add I much prefer the live version of this song they did during their final concert but for reasons that's not featuring here. Instead I'll focus on the fact even though I'm not particularly fond of this song it is still great. It's a rare song where they all have a part (even if some really shouldn't #notsorry) and I like the music. That's it, that's all I got.





This song is here by request of my peers at CONTROLRadioUK HQ but I don't hate it. Not a fan of remixes and extended mixes, but this was the best version of the song I could find. Because this song featured I couldn't feature Steps 'Summer of Love' because having 2 'Summer of Loves' featuring would've been very confusing, and this is by far superior. Obviously this is a dance number so there's not much going on here lyrically wise, but Dannii still manages to make it work. Final note to add would be Dannii Minogue is criminally underrated and slept on. Like seriously people! Look. At. Your. Choices. Oh and I could do without the rap tagged on towards the end of this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment