Monday, November 7, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of





Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



I've come across a lot of new Artists/Bands this year; have to say Dragonette are one of my favourites. Their music is so infectious I can't help but dance along. It was extremely difficult to choose between this and 'Royal Blues' because they are both fantastic tracks in their own minds. Ultimately this wins because the sound grabs me just that little bit more, and whilst the track has no relation to the movies or character, Darth Vader is one of my favourite all-time villians & I love the original Star wars movies - anything that reminds me of their awesomeness is always a winner for me. Dragonette are a Canadian electronic music band from Ontario that formed in 2005. The album 'Royal Blues' is out this Friday and available for pre-order now.



This. Song. Is. BAMF. Seriously! I came across 'It's Just Now' a few months ago, and I didn't exactly know how to describe the song. It was like a mix of 20 different musical genres all bundled into 3 minutes & 14 seconds. Others here at CONTROLRadioUK HQ didn't know what to make of it either, but I persist and Sleigh Bells have given us another beauty here. Musically it's a little easier on the ears to understand, the lyrics are quite deep & it reminds me a lot of the late 90's sound. I absolutely adore the music here, specially in the chorus where it blends so well with the vocals & background vocals. The video's also got quite a retro feel to it and is always gonna be a winner with me because I love scenery, but especially with this video the lighting & directing. Sleigh Bells are a noise pop musical duo fro New York and their new album 'Jessica rabit' is released on Friday.



Another band I came across this year. I loved 'Brand New Moves' which was released earlier this year and this track is just as good. It was a bit of a fight to get this song on the picks this week as others here at CONTROLRadioUK HQ didn't feel as if the song goes anywhere. Since I'm constantly bemoaning songs that have great potential but go nowhere I'm gonna say that's a fair criticism; the video somewhat bores me & when I first heard this I was expecting it to go somewhere different. However it does grow after a few plays & if you do stick around to the end, it does have a great break-beat which I love. Hey Violet are an American from Los Angeles.



Sometimes songs pop up & you expect to love them but hate them. Sometimes songs pop up & you expect to hate them but you love them. It's definitely the later in this case & she gets extra points for co-writing one of my favourite Fall Out Boy songs 'Centuries'. I always love coming across Artists who bask in their culture, considering we live in a society that loves to Appropriate & it's mostly either dismissed or laughed at. This song has a great & inspiring story to it both lyrically and visually. I love the chorus, I love the drum & bass beats, everything about this is fantastic & I look forward to listening to more from her. Raja Kumari is an Indian American songwriter & rapper. Honestly I could listen to this song all day and never get bored.



My final pick of this week and it's another BAMF. With this BAMF though comes my gripe of the week; Skylar Grey is a criminally under-rated Artist. I've been a fan since I came across her solo version of 'Love The Way You Lie' which is a fantastic song I dare say is even better than Eminem's version with Rihanna. Some of my other favourites of hers include 'Coming Home' with Sean 'Diddy' Combs, 'Love Bullets' with Will.I.Am & 'I Will Return' on the Fast 7 soundtrack. She's got a tremendous back catalogue both as a singer & songwriter and 'Lemonade' here is no different. The story to the video is quite deep and interesting, along with the lyrics & I absolutely love the beats in the music (predominantly the snares & soft guitar). Skylar Grey is an American singer/songwriter and the album 'Natural Causes' is out now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment