Monday, August 15, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of




Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



I'd never heard of Black Veil Brides so coming across this by their lead vocalist and founding member was quite the surprise. But this is a tune. I love the subtle build up in the music, the lyrics are interesting and I absolutely love the chorus. The only critique I have is the tour music video. Sometimes they can be good, but more times than not they're really bad & a total waste of a song.



Ahh Haley Kiyoko. Mostly known as the person that gave us the masterpiece that is 'Girls Like Girls' and from a bad CSI show (sorry Cyber but you should never have got past the 1st season). Here she gives us 'Gravel To Tempo' which is another great track. Musically this isn't my favourite of hers (that's reserved for 'Girls Like Girls' followed by 'Given It All') but lyrically I do think it is one of her best & I like the story of the video.



I've been wanting to feature this for a while but unfortunately I can only pick 5 tracks. Trying to do that when there's so much great music out? Not easy. I love everything about this song and the video makes it even better which I didn't think possible. It's got humour, it's got sadness & Angel masters a million different facial expressions to make us feel so many emotions. That's difficult enough for an actor to do let alone a singer. Angel Olsen is an American Folk/Indie Rock singer & guitarist.



Here's another smash for you. Lyrically I think this is a masterpiece as they resonant in so many different ways. Musically it is so pleasing on the ears, especially the chorus, and is easily one of my songs of the year so far. You should also check out 'Silent Fever' & 'Modern Psyche' or basically their whole album as there isn't one bad song on it. April Towers are an English duo from Nottingham.



Musically this song is so relaxing I could listen to it for hours. For a dance song it's surprisingly deep lyrically which is a big plus in my book. The animation in the lyric video is really airy which I'm also loving. I usually don't like electro/dance songs that have a solid lead but don't go up in the chorus, since it's usually a complete waste of build to just stick on the same note or go lower. This however is a rare song where it actually works not to go too high, instead letting the vocals do all the work. Vicetone are a Dutch DJ and Production duo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment