Monday, August 29, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of




Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



So to get Bank Holiday Monday started we've got a nice up tempo ballad here. Delta Goodrem is a great all round Musician - one heck of a voice, great lyrics here & she's a master on the Piano. There is a small sample at the beginning of the song which is a very soothing intro & it's a rare song where I don't mind the rap part. I love this song along with Dear Life as they've both got strong messages. Delta is probably an Artist you have heard of but in case you haven't, she's an Australian Singer/Songwriter/Actress.



Here we have a classic example of why I really need new glasses, considering for the longest period of watching this video I thought both of the blonde women were the same. They're not, one is indeed a singer part of the Broods duo & the other is an actress from IZombie - something that I should've realized sooner considering I love it & you should definitely check it out (end shameless plug). I love the music, I love the scenery + the music video in general which works really well with the songs lyrics. Broods are a music duo from New Zealand comprised of a brother-sister duo & I will definitely be checking out some more of their music.



I'm not gonna say much about this since the lyrics & the video do that for themselves. Not every Artist is going to be a person's cup of tea, if they were music would be quite boring. I checked this out because I was curious and came away not hating it & the song stuck in my head. A word of warning though that some may find the issues covered in the song & indeed the music video triggering.



I am a massive fan of OneRepublic and need the album to hurry up and come out. That's basically the only reason this is here. Looking at the song objectively though, it is beautiful. The lyrics are on point (but then every OneRepublic sonng is) and the music is so airy I can happily dance to this all day long. At first I wasn't a big fan of the video but the more you watch it, the more the story soaks over you & it's actually quite good. OneRepublic are a band you probably know but if for some unknown reason you don't, they're an American Pop/Rock band. Who are awesome.



I already love this song and I've only heard it twice. Musically this is once again great with the drums & the drop beats along with the break beat before the songs end chorus & lyrically this isn't bad either. I'm very curious to see what the video looks like since that can make or break a song. Overall from the singles Dua Lipa's released I think she's got a good future ahead of her. It's just a shame we have to wait until next year for the album. Dua Lipa is an Artist I've covered here before but in case you need a refresher, she's an English born Singer/Songwriter & Model.

0 comments:

Post a Comment