Monday, August 1, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of




Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



Gavin DeGraw gave teenage me such bops as 'Just Friends', 'We Belong Together' 'I'm In Love With A Girl' and of course 'I Don't Wanna Be' which was the epic theme tune to one of teenage me's favourite shows One Tree Hill. Amongst his recent bops are 'Fire' and this beauty, so of course taking all this into consideration he had to feature here. Lyrically this song isn't as great as some of his previous work & I could do with the chorus sounding stronger, but I still like it and I look forward to Gavin's new album which is due out in September. Gavin Degraw is an American musician and song-writer.



This song is mostly here because I like the dance routine. It's also a fun little number that could quite easily fit on a Saturday night playlist. As with most dance songs it isn't exactly strong lyric wise and again, I could do with the chorus being stronger (what is the point in a dance song if you don't have a kick-ass chorus) It's the debut single from House music singer Imani Williams which features House DJ's and producers Sigala & Blonde. For a debut, it's not bad at all, as long as the song isn't overplayed on radios for the next decade of course.



Ah Tegan and Sara. They've been around since 1995 and are a duo I've known about for a while but never properly listened to. My sincerest apologies for that because this song is great. The lyrics are catchy but go somewhere and the music's quite good as well, reminding me somewhat of 80's synth. The video's nice and simple as well, letting the song do the talking which is always a plus with me. I'm very much looking forward to giving the album a listen over as I haven't been dissapointed so far.



This song is a bop. Pure and simple really. I have very much been enjoying looking through Elliphant's discography because she has some bangers. Like Tegan & Sara this video is simple which again really helps the song, as do the strong lyrics and that guitar? Oh how I love that guitar. Elliphant is a Swedish singer/songwriter/rapper and you will not regret pressing play.



I've been listening to Kerli's music for a while and love it. Her music videos are just as beautiful. She's released the video for 'Diamond Hard' which you should totally check out because it's awesome. Unfortunately not everyone at CONTROLRadioUKHQ agrees with that, so I give you Feral Heart instead. You should also give the video information a read as I think it adds to the music video & Kerli's music in general. Kerli is an Estonian recording artist and songwriter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment