Monday, October 31, 2016

CONTROLRadioUK Picks 5 Songs You May Not Have Heard Of




Here at CONTROLRadioUK we're always on the look-out for music be it for the playlist, or just because we think the tracks are pretty neat so check out our picks below.



This song has a minute sample in the chorus, and this is a serious bop. She's got a great voice, I like the story to the lyrics & this fast became one of my favourite lyric videos as I love the style & mix with cartoons. The chorus however is a bit of a let down for me. It's usually the verses that have the slightly repetitive lyrics & lead into a great chorus but here it's the other way round, and it also doesn't have as big as a bang as I would like. Madilyn Bailey is an American singer/songwriter & her debut EP 'Wiser' is out now.



The beginning of this music video does not agree with my computer & I originally came across Tayler after hearing 'Technically Single' (such a great song btw) & I'm pleased to say this is just as great. The music video doesn't do a great deal for me, but I love how chilled the music is, the lyrics are quite good as well & I'm looking forward to listening to more of her music. Tayler is a singer/songwriter & you can stream her songs on Spotify & buy from iTunes.



I've been listening to Zack's music for a while now & I'm glad others here at CONTROLRadioUK HQ finally developed a taste to agree this song is fantastic. I am not ashamed to say by the time the chorus hit we were all dancing away & we didn't want this song to end. Scenery wise this video is also beautiful, I absolutely love the music, especially how it leads out of the song & the lyrics are good to. Zack Knight is a British singer/songwriter/producer & you can get 'Love Controller' on iTunes & Google Play.



Grouplove are fast becoming my favourite new band of this year (that's bands I've recently begun listening to NOT bands who are brand new). This song is fantastic lyrically, musically & the video's quite imaginative to courtesy of Genero. I could talk all day about why they're so great, but why do that when you can watch the videos yourself & then buy or stream 'Big Mess' which is out now. Also the climax of this song is beautiful beyond words. Ok! I'm done now, promise.



Never make the mistake of showing a song you're not overly keen on to other people, because they will turn out to like the song & it'll end up here. Ok I'm being harsh (and extra snarky this week! Thank you flu for finally leaving me) because there's nothing overly wrong with this song & Icona Pop have given us some smashes over the years (including 'I Love It') Lyrically this is ok, musically I do like it & after a few more listens it'll probably get stuck in my head, but I am not a fan of the chorus. Like with Madilyn, I was expecting this to go a lot higher than it actually did so it does for me let the song down. Also someone commented the beginning sounds like a remixed version of Coldplay's 'Fix You' and I can't get that out my head either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment